The last week and a half has been... something. In case you didn't pick up from the past few months of posting, work is changing drastically. My boss has been put in the position to resign his role as youth pastor, church administrator, and overseer/adviser to my Camp program. KV has been there since I was in 5th grade-- my last real year as a camper there was his first year and we both remember it fondly. Me, crying in the corner with second degree burns. My mother, reading KV the riot act. KV, sitting calmly and nodding his head, then quietly adding sunblock to my counselor's bag on the next field trip...
KV and the music minister RF are both leaving, and it was announce officially at a staff meeting last Tuesday. I've been waiting for this to happen, but there was something about the tone of the meeting that made 20 minutes feel like a five hour funeral. None of us got much done that day, or the rest of the week...
I'm going to miss KV a lot. He's an odd bird, but very thoughtful, very encouraging, and always completely confident in the capabilities of the people he backs. He sees the potential in everyone he meets, which has made him an excellent administrator, pastor, youth mentor, and mentor for me.
I've also had quite a bit of trouble with my internet, which isn't necessarily out of the norm, but given that this is THE busiest time of year for me AND I didn't get much done after last week... it was unwelcome to say the least.
Today started out a bit better, I think this week will be ok, but I'm hoping that I can get everything done in the next two and a half days that I can possibly crank out...
No comments:
Post a Comment