Alexandros (9 years), Jenn (10 years), Laura (26 years),
Zach (3 years), Me (13 years), Jeremy (2 years)
My friend Laura's (of Dia de la Muerta wedding fame) godparents have a Christmas Open House each year. I met them when I was in middle school when they lived in a small apartment and started going with Laura and our friend at the time Clare. I remember holing up in the little closet of a guest bedroom and reading books and playing board games with them. When they moved to Lilburn, we helped them move and set up their new home, which is where Kathleen lives today. It's where I met Alexandros, one of my closest friends, 9 years ago. It's where I learned how to crochet, and where I spent a lot of time. George passed away just over a year ago; he had a congenital heart defect and got an infection that did him in. I hadn't seen him in many years when he passed, and when I heard through FB that he had I went to the visitation. I'd seen Laura once or twice; we had a falling out in HS over something stupid and decided that since we couldn't remember what it was it wasn't worth ruining a friendship over. I saw Kathleen for the first time in years, and met Laura's now husband for the first time. I started going back to the Christmas party last year and couldn't be happier. It's been great to re-connect with old friends and have a good time before the holidays.
No comments:
Post a Comment