I had been posting on LiveJournal, but I'm no longer interested in the format they have over there-- it's just easier to deal with Blogger to me. This is my personal blog, not my ramblings on about "important" stuff, but just what's going on. All my friends are scattered all over the place and this seemed like a better way to keep them updated.
Tomorrow I leave for Muscle Shoals, AL for a few days. My grandfather, who is 86, was diagnosed with leukemia last week and doesn't have more than probably a month left to live. It seems I know more people than not who have died of cancer. What are we doing to ourselves? I'll be sad when he goes, I love him very much, but he's lived a long life and done everything he wanted to do. The love of his life died about 10 years ago and he misses her a lot, so I think he's probably viewing this partially as a way to see her again. I hope when he does she's her old self, not affected by strokes like before she died.
I don't know if this will help with being in a rut or not. I'm out of school, I'm not working (which drives me NUTS because I have nothing to do), and I can't seem to find a job for the life of me. Hopefully, if nothing else, the DeKalb Co schools will hire me on as a substitute teacher. It won't include health insurance, but at least it'll include pay. I think I'm also driving Jeremy a little crazy. I sit at home all day alone, except when Jan (his mom) happens to be here, doing nothing and talking to nobody, while he spends all day at work, chaotic. When he gets home, I want someone to talk to and he wants to just close the door and have quiet. We're both getting tired of it, I think, because neither of us wants to impose on the other.
Anyway, that's all the wonderful stuff I have for now. Until later...
No comments:
Post a Comment